Saturday, February 2, 2013

Slow Roasted Beetroot with Peas

One of my favourite things to eat is roasted beetroot and I cooked up this batch to go with my Quinoa and Vegetable Frittata.


I would have added some fresh herbs to the beetroot but the weather outside was borderline cyclonic and so I figured 'natural' was the safest option.


What you will need:

  • 2 small beetroots per person
  • 1/4 cup of frozen peas (thawed) per person
  • olive oil
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper

What you need to do:

1. Trim and peel the beetroots and cut them into wedges.  Place in a large baking dish and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.

2.  Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 45 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and add the peas, mix around and season then return to the oven for 5 more minutes.

4.  Serve as a side dish or enjoy on it's own.

Step 1

Step 3

Ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment