Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gluten Free Kid's Pizzas

Here is a quick and easy dinner that kids can almost make themselves.  My two girls love pizza and they love helping to prepare them.


These supermarket bought wraps make quite good bases.  Although you can easily make your own pizza sauce, I find this Ardmona one great for throwing together a quick dinner.


When I make pizza for the kids I try to encourage lots of healthy toppings such as mushrooms, zucchini, baby spinach and fresh tomato.  Half the fun is letting the kids top the pizzas themselves:



 

 

 Pop them in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.  I do find that the gluten free wraps don't go completely crispy in the middle.  You can put them in the oven for a few minutes before topping if you like.


Now your pizzas are ready to enjoy.  Leftovers are great for school lunchboxes, but we don't usually have any.





No comments:

Post a Comment